Answered By: Nancy Frazier Last Updated: Jan 09, 2019 Views: 190
As you begin to select and develop a research topic, consider the following questions:
· Think about research questions related to your topic.
· Read background information about your topic.
· Identify main concepts and keywords to describe your topic to use as search terms.
· Refine your topic as needed.
· Ask a librarian for help!
Express your topic in a series of statements or questions.
Topic example: Violence in the media and its effect on children
Select and list the important concepts of your topic. (e.g. violence, media, children, etc.)
Create a list of search terms or keywords that describe the concepts in your topic. Remember to include synonyms and related words. If you need additional help, stop by the library services desk on the main floor of Bertrand Library, or on the Librarians by Subject page, click your subject area and use the librarian's chat widget to get help.